Tuesday 25 March 2014

Driven, Fueled and Crash - K Bromberg

I started reading this series after seeing that te author had received a lot of bad press. Not sure what the controversy was but it had me curious.  

I have to say, I didn't really enjoy Driven so much. Colton came across as an asshole and Rylee was somewhat annoying in her lack of self confidence. 

This book also felt like a mix of Fifty Shades and Bared to You in Driven and then a strong feel of This Man in Crash, especially the ending and epilogue. I also was reminded a lot of Bad Things with Rylee's accident and Connected by the loss of a loved one. It felt like a real mix of lots of other books. 

Fueled was somewhat better but Driven stole the show. The depth of emotion and the surprises made me not want to put the book down. 

There are some deep issues in this story and I loved the themes that ran through all 3 books. 

The imagery of the super heroes is quite vivid and captivating, especially in the last book. I found I kept looking for the subtle signs: checkered flags and superheroes. 

The ending was just what this series needed - warmth and happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment